Sunday, May 14, 2017

BLOG: Social Networking Sites

     The sites that social networking sites that I have chosen to compare are Facebook, twitter, Skype, and discord. Facebook was the first site that I used when I was younger it has a good system to communicate with you friends and family by sending instant messages. Facebook also gives you your own personal profile page when you create you account. This allows you friends to see what you are up to in life.
     Twitter I didn't really have much knowledge on before this class. To me its more of a rant site where people can let out there anger due to the charterer limit however, I have seen several twitch.tv streamers also use twitter to let people know when they stream.
     Skype I have used forever this is what I used for most of my life to talk with my freinds pre-discord era. Skype is really helpful for voice chating and video chating. Skype does have some intergration in insant text messsages but its core feature is video and voice chatting.
     Discord however basically took all of Skype good features and made it even better however it has yet to integrate video call. It is currently being implemented into the system. Ever since discord came out I basically let go of Skype. You can create free servers with your friends or family to talk or text with each other it basically one big group chat. Discord is also written in C++ language when I looked it up who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment